(Cutting edge German technology and scientific excellence; access to superb infrastructure and facilities)
Neuron-D GmbH provide researchers and pharmaceutical industry a 3D model of the human brain for research on neurological diseases (e.g.: Alzheimer’s disease), drug development applications (e.g.: hit-lo-lead identification, efficacy and toxicity screening).
Compared to existing cell culture models, our innovative and award-winning 3D model enables drawing conclusions that resemble the human brain more than conventional methods. Investigating the human brain in 3D is a clinical and scientific unmet need. We are offering customized solutions to this need.
Most studies with human cells have been performed in conventional 2D cell culture systems. However, our brain has a 3D structure, which allows cells to interact in all possible dimensions with each other. Therefore, we want the neurons used in cell culture systems to resemble as much as possible those in the human brain. Only by this way, we can draw realistic conclusions on human brains or design effective drugs. By this way, the drug development pipeline can be made more realistic and effective.
Why our system is unique?
· Fully-defined chemistry (based on 20 years of world-leading and patented expertise on hydrogel chemistry)
· Homogenous 3D structure and highly-defined diffusion dynamics for various molecules
· Customizable physicochemical properties (e.g.: stiffness, polymerization dynamics, glycosaminoglycan content, sulfation patterns, presence of proteins or growth factors)
· Fully-synthetic microenvironment enables cells to interact with the bio-inspired and bio-degradable scaffold to generate their own environment and stiffness range.
· Unprecedentedly fast generation of human cortical neurons and neuronal networks in less than 3 weeks
· Mature and electrophysiologically active human neurons (e.g.: all cortical neuronal subtypes produced)
· Human nenuronal-glial co-culture with more than 15.000 connections between cells in a microliter-scale volume
· Low number of starting cells and in situ self-amplification of human neural stem cells
· Optimized molecular biology, biochemistry, in vitro diagnostic, imaging, and activity recording tests available
· Superior resemblance to mature human neurons in our brains when compared to 2D cultures and other scaffold-based 3D culture systems
· No differentiation protocols or complex culture conditions needed.
· Realistic modeling of Amyloid toxicity and production of de novo TAUopathies reminiscent of Alzheimer’s disease in the human brain
Technological and financial aspects
· High-reproducibility ensuring the low costs and reliable readout
· High-throughput screening techniques available
· Various customized disease/toxicity assays available or can be developed upon the request of the customers
· Transparent and end-user driven development of assay systems
· Team consisting of leading scientists in their fields ensuring the best possible scientific feedback to the customer.
- We offer you something different!
· Novel technology of patented hydrogel chemistry and its applications for nervous system
· Cost effective yet human brain-mimetic 3D system
- We offer you an innovative science!
· Strong science-driven approach and proven rigor
· One of the most rapid and cost-effective 3D systems
· Thousands of functional human neurons are generated in only three weeks
· Automated high-throughput screening technology allows drug development campaigns
· Developed tools for a versatile readout portfolio (e.g.: imaging, connectivity, pathology, molecular properties, activity)
· Realistic disease modeling possible (e.g.: Alzheimer’s disease model with de novo Taupathies after Amyloid accumulation)
· Versatile cell types with various genetic backgrounds available
· Customized solutions for your needs
- We offer you the world-class scientific guidance!
· A start-up that have the inventors of the technology at the driver seat
· Support of leading research institutions in Germany: Institute of Polymer Research (IPF) s part of Leibniz Association and German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) as part of Helmholtz Association.
· On demand customizable solutions for chemistry and biology by leading experts on board.
We offer you to stand on the shoulders of the giants!